Phoenix Truck Accident Attorney
At Hit By a Truck Call Chuck, our semi-truck accident lawyers in Phoenix only represent clients who were injured in 18-wheeler crashes, because we know how difficult it can be to take on the varying negligent parties and their insurance companies on your own.
Our Maricopa County big rig attorneys have over 15 years of experience holding the multiple parties liable for these often catastrophic crashes, including the truck driver, trucking company, the truck’s manufacturer, and other third parties whose negligence directly led to the collision that either caused our client’s injuries or their loved one’s death.
Our Arizona truck accident attorneys provide exceptional legal representation, beginning with free consultations, so we can understand how the semi-truck collision and the resulting injuries have changed our clients’ lives, so we can pursue the financial recovery they deserve without delay.
What are the Most Common Semi-Truck Violations that Lead to Collisions in Phoenix, Arizona?
All semi-trucks are subject to federal, state, and local safety regulations that are designed to keep both the 18-wheeler’s driver and the general public safe from catastrophic collisions.
When one trucking party — whether it is the truck driver or the trucking company — fails to follow the safety guidelines and regulations outlined by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration, it is typically motorists in smaller cars, trucks, and SUVs who are hurt as a result.
The most well-known federal safety regulations for semi-trucks include, but are not limited to:
- Weight Limits: All semi-trucks are subject to both federal and industry weight limits. As the truck becomes heavier — weighing up to a maximum of 80,000 pounds — the more difficult it is to maneuver and stop. Overloading a trailer can directly contribute to truck accidents throughout Arizona.
- Speed Limits: Semi-trucks are often subjected to lower speed limits on highways throughout the country, including Arizona and Phoenix to help ensure the safety of the truck’s driver and the vehicles traveling nearby.
- Hours of Service Regulations: Semi-truck drivers are legally allowed to drive no more than eleven hours each day, and three hours of that shift must be spent on break. Big rig Hours of Service violations significantly increase the chances of a preventable accident.
- Blood Alcohol Limits: Commercial truck drivers are also subjected to a lower blood alcohol concentration (BAC) limit than passenger vehicle operators. In fact, the BAC limit is half — or .04 blood alcohol concentration — than other drivers.
If you were hurt in a collision with a semi-truck driver who was violating the FSMCA regulations, our Phoenix 18-wheeler attorneys can help you understand which violations occurred, and how they led to your injuries, so we can pursue the best outcome for your unique case.
Who Can Be Held Liable for My Phoenix Semi-Truck Accident Injuries?
At Hit By a Truck Call Chuck, our experienced Phoenix semi-truck collision attorneys have the experience and determination you need to pursue results.
Our skilled large truck accident lawyers investigate all negligent actions or inactions that may have caused your collision with injuries and will hold the liable party accountable in your unique case.
That may include:
- Trucking company negligence, including:
- Hiring inexperienced or dangerous drivers
- Failing to conduct background checks on drivers
- Not conducting drug, alcohol, or medical tests
- Pressuring drivers to operate their trucks in violation of FMSCA regulations
- Truck driver negligence, including driving:
- Impaired by alcohol or drugs
- Truck maintenance or manufacturing company negligence, including:
- Improper maintenance checks and protocols
- Using worn or used replacement parts
- Failing to recall defective trucks or parts
Third parties may also be liable for our client’s injuries, including those who load the trucks. There are many variables to truck accident cases, which is why it is important to speak with our skilled semi-truck accident lawyers in Phoenix at Hit By a Truck Call Chuck today to learn how we can help you pursue the financial recovery you deserve for your injuries.
Our Phoenix, Arizona Economy Depends on Semi-Truck Traffic Each Day
The Phoenix metropolitan had a Gross Domestic Product of nearly $243 billion last year.
The top five industries in Phoenix include:
- Real Estate
- Finance and Insurance
- Retail Trade
Phoenix is home to the following large corporations that are dependent on semi-truck traffic each day:
- Apollo Group
- Best Western
- Honeywell Aerospace
- Luke Air Force Base
- Republic Services
- U-HAUL International
Each of these Phoenix-based organizations relies heavily on semi-truck traffic, which brings tens of thousands of 18-wheelers onto our interstates, city streets, and even our suburbs, causing collisions with severe injuries, and often even fatalities, without notice.
If you have been injured in a collision with a semi-truck in Arizona, contact our skilled 18-wheeler attorneys in Phoenix today to schedule a free consultation. Our Arizona semi-truck attorneys are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week because we know that these catastrophic collisions do not only occur during office hours. These crashes can occur anywhere, anytime, and our dedicated semi-truck lawyers want to be exactly where you need us, when you need us.
Our Phoenix truck accident law firm works solely on contingency fees, so you never pay any upfront legal fees for our representation or any legal fees at all if we do not produce a positive outcome for your unique case.
Have Your Been Hit By a Truck in Phoenix? Call Chuck!
If you have been hurt in a semi-truck collision in Phoenix, and need help pursuing the financial recovery you deserve, contact our dedicated 18-wheeler attorneys in Phoenix, Arizona at Hit By a Truck Call Chuck today at 915-845-4529 for a free consultation. We are available now to discuss your case and provide the legal guidance your need to pursue results for your complete physical, emotional, and financial recovery, so you can get your life back on track. We know your injuries may be severe, as most truck accident injuries are, so if you cannot come to us, we will come to you. Contact us now to learn more.