Big Rig Accident Lawyer in El Paso, Texas
When a big rig truck accident occurs because a negligent truck driver is behind the wheel, our experienced Texas, New Mexico and Arizona big rig accident attorney at Hit by a Truck Call Chuck will provide the legal representation you need to pursue the best financial outcome available for your injuries.
Truck driver error and negligence cause severe injuries to passenger vehicle drivers and occupants in over 500,000 big rig crashes each year in the United States. And if you or someone you love has been hurt in a truck accident in Arizona, New Mexico, or Texas, our experienced big rig collision attorney can help you hold the driver responsible for your financial recovery.
Table of Contents
How Does Truck Driver Error Cause Big Rig Accidents?
Just as negligent passenger vehicle drivers can cause traffic collisions without notice, so can big rig truck drivers. The difference is, truck drivers are behind the wheel of a vehicle that can weigh up to 80,000 pounds, causing severe injuries and even death upon impact.
The most common types of big-rig driver errors and negligence include:
- Distracted driving, including using cellphones, GPS systems, or reading/writing in driver logs while the big rig is in operation
- Surpassing the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration Hours of Service Regulations
- Driving while under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Driver inexperience and lack of proper training
- Reckless or aggressive driving
- Failing to leave enough room to stop in congested traffic or inclement weather
- Failing to secure the contents of the tractor-trailer before operating the big rig truck
When big rig accidents occur because of truck driver negligence, people get hurt. And the weight, length, and height of the truck can and does cause severe injuries to other drivers who are sharing the roadways with these large vehicles. If you have been hurt in a big rig truck accident, our Texas, New Mexico, and Arizona truck accident lawyer at Hit by a Truck Call Chuck wants to help you hold the negligent driver responsible for your full financial recovery.
Our Truck Accident Law Firm Also Provide Representation in The Following Practice Areas:
How Can I Prove Truck Driver Negligence After A Big Rig Accident?
Our experienced New Mexico, Arizona, and Texas big rig accident attorney have 15 years of experience providing exceptional legal representation for truck accident injury victims in Arizona, New Mexico, and Texas.
And proving truck driver negligence is one of the things we do best.
There are many legal components to securing evidence in a big rig accident case, and our Texas, New Mexico, and Arizona big rig accident lawyer will fully investigate your crash to preserve the information and proof of negligence we need to strengthen your case.
Our big rig accident attorney will:
- Request alcohol and substance abuse screenings from the driver
- Review the big rig driver’s driving and employment records to ensure they were properly licensed and trained
- Obtain copies of their driver logs, service hours, and maintenance schedules
- Preserve the evidence from the scene, including the electronic recording equipment inside the truck
- Interview witnesses who saw the accident take place
More now than ever, people are paying closer attention to distracted driving and electronic device usage behind the wheel – especially when the driver of a big rig is participating in reckless behavior. If the big rig truck driver who caused your crash was operating their semi-truck recklessly, our Texas, Arizona, and New Mexico big rig accident lawyers will hold them accountable for their behavior.
Contact Our Experienced Texas, New Mexico, and Arizona Big Rig Truck Accident Lawyer For A Free Consultation Today
If you have been hurt by a negligent big rig truck driver, contact our accomplished Texas, New Mexico, and Arizona big rig accident attorney at Hit by a Truck Call Chuck today by calling 915-845-4529 to schedule a free consultation and learn how we can help you pursue the best financial outcome available for your case.